Saturday, February 7, 2009

Laughing Gas Kid and Mr. Do-It-Yourself

Several people have brought this clip to my attention this week. Freakin' hilarious:



This happened last summer after 7-year-old David had some dental work done. After just one week on YouTube it's already had over 5 million views! Here is some background from the boy's father:
This is my 7 year old son who had an extra tooth removed last summer, 2008.

I had the camera because he was so nervous before and I wanted him to see the before and after.

He was so out of it after, I had to carry him out of the office. The staff was trying to keep from laughing. I had tears from laughing so hard.

He is doing fine now and the teeth are great.

Classic!

Also worth reporting this week was the story of a man who probably wishes he had the benefit of Nitrous Oxide. Ian Boyntan, a 42-year-old British veteran who served as a medic in Iraq in 2003, was so frustrated trying (and failing) to find an NHS dentist that he took matters into his own hands. Over the last two years he has removed 13 of his own teeth using a pair of pliers. He claims to have suffered from an excruciating toothache since 2006. Looking at the pictures provided in the article, I can see at least six possible toothaches.

I can also say that this guy is pretty good. I see 11 intact teeth without broken root tips. My guess is that the other two teeth were so decayed that they crumbled apart on the way out. I'd say 11/13 isn't bad for amateur hour. He apparently also has a good bedside manner when treating himself. He claims, "Amazingly, it did not hurt as much as you might think."

No comments: