The teeth were expected to go for a mere £5000.
Here is some more Winston Churchill dental trivia, courtesy of newscore and oneindia.com:
- Churchill claimed to have had terrible teeth and gums and needed complicated dentistry even in his childhood.
- Churchill always carried a second set of dentures with him as a back-up (although there are no known instances of him ever needing the back-up set - unlike this free-spirited skydiver.)
- Churchill appreciated his dentist, Willfred Fish, so much that he nominated him for knighthood.
- I will name my next pet fish Willfred.
- Willfred Fish's lab technician was drafted to serve in WWII, but Churchill personally intervened stating that the lab tech would be more important to the war effort if he stayed in London to repair Churchill's dentures.
- Most babies resemble Winston Churchill. This doesn't have to do with his teeth, but it's worth mentioning. Seriously, look at him, now look at a baby. You see? And just to be clear - I'm not saying he looks like a baby. You don't look at him and think, "wow, he looks like a baby". No no, it's the other way around - babies look like him.